Digital Marketing For Manufacturing Companies
Learn how you can generate qualified leads to your website with the best digital marketing strategies
It doesn’t matter what your company manufactures, you need to have a strong client base to keep running your business smoothly without any issues. In today’s digital age, digital marketing is the best way to reach customers.
On this page, we will explore why your manufacturing company should start investing in digital marketing and increase the number of clients in your client base.
If you want to take your manufacturing company to the next level, contact us today!
Why Does My Manufacturing Company Need Digital Marketing?
Almost every business is driven by the Internet today. Digital marketing has become essential not only for manufacturing companies but also for other industries like waste management, finance, healthcare, and many more.
There are various digital marketing strategies involved in marketing your manufacturing company online. You can optimize your site to generate traffic from search engines, search paid advertising, and email marketing.
How Can I Incorporate Digital Marketing With My Manufacturing Company?
We will share the top four digital marketing strategies for manufacturing companies that you can use right away and make your business successful.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is one of the best digital marketing methods that allow your website to rank higher on search engines with the right optimization techniques. With the right SEO strategies, your site can attract more traffic from the search engine.
Search traffic is the best source of traffic for a manufacturing company as your potential customers are using the search engines to search for your products and services. According to GE Capital Retail Bank’s Major Purchase Shopper Study, 81% of consumers perform online research using search engines before purchasing any products or services.
When you implement the best SEO practices to your site, your website becomes visible on search engines.
There are many activities involved in SEO. Following are the most important SEO tasks that positions your site at the top of search result pages:
- Keyword research: Before implementing any SEO strategies, you need to do keyword research. There are various free and paid keyword research tools available online. We will suggest using Google Keyword Planner and SEMRush to perform keyword research. If you have competitors that are already ranking on search engines, you can identify the keywords they are ranking for and use them to rank your site. Using paid tools like SEMRush will help you uncover various keywords that are related to your manufacturing company.
- Find your competitors: You need to identify your competitors to analyze and determine whether they are implementing any digital marketing strategies. Keeping track of your competitor’s performance on the search engine will help you stay informed of their SEO activities. Moreover, you can use their SEO activities as a benchmark for your SEO strategies to perform better.
- Create SEO-Friendly URL: Having an SEO-friendly URL for your web pages will help your site increase the ranking on search engines. The URL should be easily read without any unknown symbols and characters. You need to keep it simple and short. Adding your primary keywords to your URL will boost rankings and tell your audience what’s the page is about.
- Build Internal Links: Internal links between different pages on your website can help search engines understand your site structure. It also helps your visitors to stay longer on your site as they will browse through other pages linked to the page they initially visited.
- Write and Optimize Meta Description: Although Google has mentioned that meta description does not contribute to rankings, still it indirectly helps to increase CTR (Click-Through-Rate). Your meta description is the description that appears after the title on the search result pages. The description will provide a summary of your content. Your potential customers will click on your results only if they find it interesting and attractive.
Let’s say you’re an electronic manufacturing company located in Malaysia; your site should appear when someone searches for “electronic manufacturing company in Malaysia”. If you want your site to appear for the search query, you need to incorporate the keywords into your content.
Apart from these SEO tasks, other advanced SEO techniques will help your manufacturing company generate quality organic traffic.
Google Ads is a form of pay-per-click advertising model that requires you to allocate a budget for the campaign and only pay when someone clicks on your ad. Although other pay-per-click advertising methods like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. We will discuss LinkedIn Advertising next.
For manufacturing companies, Facebook and Instagram is not the best digital marketing channel to invest in. Google Ads works well for the industry. The best part of Google Ads is that they are targeted and only appear in front of potential customers who are interested in your products and services and you just need to pay when people click on it.
As Google Ads only appear when someone searches for keywords associated with your manufacturing company, you need to choose the best keywords that represent your business.
Other than search you can use Google Display Ads to increase your brand awareness. If you’re still new, it’s a great opportunity to get in front of your target audience frequently and encourage them to recognize your brand when they need your products and services.
As a manufacturer, you are selling your products and services for a specific client base. You may not offer complete products and only offer specific components and solutions like automation repair tools, molding tools, or even spindles. So, you need to do precise targeting of your audience.
Although platforms like Google might work for your industry, but it doesn’t offer precise targeting like LinkedIn.
When you choose to use LinkedIn Sponsored posts, you can choose the exact industry and type of companies you want to target. LinkedIn allows their advertiser to target a maximum of 100 companies. As you want to reach decision-makers like CEOs, you don’t have to worry about your ads appearing in front of employees with zero decision-making capabilities.
Why LinkedIn is the best platform to advertise for manufacturing companies?
Well. People you want to do business with are active on LinkedIn.
Let me share some stats to assure you:
- There are almost 500 million members on LinkedIn.
- 61 million LinkedIn users are senior-level managers and another 40 million are in the position of making decisions.
- Almost 75% of manufacturing companies see LinkedIn as the best place to target high-level employees.
We hope now you’re convinced that LinkedIn is one of the best platforms that you don’t want to miss out on.
But how you should get started with LinkedIn Advertising?
We’ll share a few tips for you get started with LinkedIn Advertising”
- Narrow Your Target Audience: The best feature of LinkedIn advertising is to narrow down the companies or individuals that you’re 100% sure to be your target audience. You can use filters to target the audience that matters to your business to achieve the best results.
- Create Specific Content For Your Target Audience: The content you use on LinkedIn should associate with your target audience’s needs. You need to capture their attention. Avoid using generic content and images. Show your unique selling proposition *USP” by using brandable content and images.
- Keep Your Ad Short and Direct To The Point: LinkedIn Advertising allows you to add more than 130 characters. You need to understand why LinkedIn limits the ad copy to 130 characters. This is because the additional characters after 130 words will be hidden and people need to click on “See More”. But the catch here is that they need to click on it. If someone clicks on your ad instead, you’ll end up paying for the click which will add up your ad spend.
- Send Your Audience To Your Landing Page: Like other paid ad platforms, you should direct your target audience to your landing page that has a specific CTA (Call-To-Action). Avoid directing them to your homepage as they wouldn’t know what action to take or which page to navigate. Don’t increase your ad spending by directing your audience blindly to the homepage or irrelevant pages.
- Do A/B Testing: Performing A/B testing will benefit you. With multiple ads, you’ll be able to find the ad that works and what doesn’t. This will help you to test out various elements of your ads like ad copy, graphics, and even the type of content.
LinkedIn can be an effective digital marketing tool if you know how to use it. Without a proper plan, you might end up spending a lot with little to zero results. You also need to allocate a high budget for LinkedIn Ads to see the best results.
In general, email marketing is the most cost-effective digital marketing strategy for every business. And it also works well for the manufacturing industry.
Does email marketing necessary for your business?
According to Ascend2’s Digital Marketing Summary Report, email marketing remains one of the most effective digital marketing channels for businesses.
There are various reasons why email marketing still works better than other digital marketing strategies. Personalization is one of the reasons for email marketing to be effective. When you send an email, is reaching out to an individual who agreed to receive emails from your businesses. These allow your business to nurture your email list and convert them into paying customers in the long run.
Email marketing is essential for manufacturing companies because the Return on Investment (ROI) is substantial. You need to develop a plan with the right tools.
What You Should Send In Your Emails?
Avoid sending random emails to your list. You need to be strategic with your email marketing campaign. Sending emails without a purpose is waste of time and resources. Follow these two basic content rules to get positive feedback for your manufacturing company:
- Start With A Welcome Email: If you don’t thank your new potential customer who gave your email address and personal details, you’re making a huge mistake. They are allowing you to get close to them. Welcome them with a good welcome message and provide information on what kind of information they should expect from you. Provide information without being too pushy in making sales. Let them know that they can contact you to discuss further.
- Develop a list of potential customers: You know your business better than anyone. Before creating an email marketing plan, you need to develop a list of potential customers. Gather all the emails of your previous customers, emails that you got from events, tradeshows, or product launches. Develop the list and add them to an email marketing tool and send an opt-in email to get permission from your potential customers to get emails from your company.
How email marketing can help manufacturing companies generate more sales?
A recent study on email marketing shows that 59% of B2B marketers indicate that email marketing is their top channel for revenue generation. But, you need to use an email marketing automation tool effectively to be successful with email marketing.
Like we’ve mentioned earlier, email marketing is an essential digital marketing strategy not only for manufacturing businesses but for all types of businesses. This is because there might be individuals without social media accounts, but there are no individuals in the online world without an email address.
Drive quality leads for your manufacturing company by working together with Magnes Marketing
At Magnes Marketing, we’re always excited to work with businesses in a competitive industry like manufacturing.
We have experienced digital marketers from various background that focuses on attracting quality leads for our clients with data-driven and result-oriented digital marketing strategies.
Fill in the form below if you’re interested to work with us.
How we help manufacturing companies:
We’ve driven over 60,000 leads for our amazing clients through data-driven digital marketing strategies
Fill in the form below if you want to increase your business revenue with result-oriented digital marketing strategies